milliongenerations' offline meetings
Meetings were & will be held to conceive and implement concepts for the organization of the milliongenerations.org effort or to advance its cause and content. Dates, invitations and notes on these Meetings are found on the community portal.
If you want to contribute, milliongenerations currently needs
- Someone with know-how on website administration able to backup the database and update the Mediawiki used on this site to a recent version. Please contact the milliongenerations:foundation if you'd be willing and able to help.
- An inventory of human motivations (such as status) that drive society/civilization and could be used to estabilsh rights for future people or implement lasting societies
- Examples of art, monuments or other work created for the benefit of others, preferably future others, rather than for the status of their makers or the glory of their patrons. (The Letters of Utrecht claim an ambition in this direction.)
- Ideas on what one would want to convey for the benefit of a future civilization, so that it could last (thx, CM May11)
- Ideas on ways to preserve ideas one would want to convey to a future civilization, so that such future civilization could benefit from them (thx, TD May11)
- Help with conceptual refinement and implementation of the Guided Research Project
- Contributors who share and advance the purpose of Million Generations, who pose or answer questions or otherwise reflect on the assumption
- Discussions and ideas about the environment that would be more suited to the purpose, i.e. about how the site should be organized
- Ways to realize and implement the desired environment
- Funds and ideas on ways to raise funds
- A public relations strategy and ways to communicate the existence of milliongenerations.org and encourage meaningful contributions.
- Help with implementation of the Letters Project / Poem without End or similar efforts elsewhere. Improve on the Letters of Utrecht
- A function for notes, references and external links such as the one used in wikipedia articles