milliongenerations' offline meetings
Meetings were & will be held to conceive and implement concepts for the organization of the milliongenerations.org effort or to advance its cause and content. Dates, invitations and notes on these Meetings are found on the community portal.
If you want to contribute, milliongenerations currently needs
- Ideas and support for the 'How can there be most happiness?' competition
- Ideas of how and where to start a Stone Clock project and backers of such a project
- Ways to realize and implement the desired environment
- Funds and ideas on ways to raise funds
- A public relations strategy and ways to communicate the existence of milliongenerations.org and encourage meaningful contributions.
- A video presentation communicating that "there is only one type of [humans|human] on earth" e.g.,
- showing different faces (e.g., similar to 6 milliards d'autres and videos (1, 2) of the Charter for Compassion)
- reflecting on
- ideas about ancestry and posterity on the scale of a few hundered years (tell me which group has no ancestors in a few hundered years)
- that no two are identical
- that our "hardwired" and easily self-reinforcing tendency to divide into groups can dangerously be exploited
- that this division into groups can be achieved on the basis of arbitrary and irrelevant "characteristics"
- that we use the the same brain cells to think about us and members of our "group" and different brain cells for members of other groups
- examples of rapid mixing of different groups e.g., the continuum of people of indigenous and African descent in Cuba
- A function for notes, references and external links such as the one used in wikipedia articles